Social media marketing has become a proven way of improving business exposure. Small enterprises search for innovative ideas to promote their products on social media. You should never shy away from investing more time and money in social media marketing. Many businesses often find that social media marketing does not fetch the expected result for them. Such things may happen due to a lack of a proper plan to promote your brand on social media.
A well-crafted social media marketing plan must include influencer marketing, which is a trend nowadays. If implemented correctly, influencer marketing can bring amazing results for your business. In the following section, you can find a guide on effortless influencer marketing.
Common Mistakes in Influencer Marketing
Before delving deeper into the topic, let us understand small businesses and startups often commit mistakes while running an influencer marketing campaign.
Absence of campaign goals
- Collaborating with the wrong influencers
- Not analyzing the influencer marketing campaign’s impact
- Poor communication with the influencers
- Inability to give a lucrative offer to the influencers
Businesses planning influencer marketing campaigns in the future should avoid the mistakes discussed. Now, knowing the right influencers for your brand and the steps to collaborate with them is important.
Influencer Marketing Tips and Strategies
1. Know Your Goals
Having clear goals for running and managing influencer marketing campaigns is important. Typically, companies plan the influencer marketing campaign for three reasons, which are discussed below.
Brand Promotion: A business may collaborate with social media influencers to promote the brand. A newly launched business often needs brand exposure to reach its target audience. Businesses facing high competition may also be benefitted from brand promotion through influencer marketing.
Product Marketing: You can use influencer marketing to sell a particular product. In this case, you need niche-specific influencers to reach the target audience. One can sell and build product awareness through such campaigns.
Follower Growth: Many businesses want to promote their social media pages instead of selling products directly through influencers. Startups can find growth in follower count through such an influencer marketing campaign.
So, what is your purpose for conducting an influencer marketing campaign? You are heading to a loss of time and money if you do not have a clear goal.
2. Create a List of Influencers in Your Niche
You should create a list of influencers in your business niche. In the beginning, you should enlist everyone. Later, you can choose 4-5 influencers to start with. Influencers like to collaborate with businesses that offer handsome rewards. Choosing micro-influencers can be a good idea since small businesses have financial limitations. When influencer marketing starts fetching a high ROI (Return on Investment), you can further collaborate with macro and mega influencers.
3. Develop Influencer Collaboration Criteria
- Another crucial step is developing terms and conditions to onboard the influencers. While creating contracts with influencers, you must consider the following factors.
- Engagement Rate: The engagement rate is more crucial than the influencer’s follower count. An ideal engagement rate should be 1-3%, though anything above 3% is better to fetch a quick and satisfying return on investment.
- Number of Posts: The contract should mention the number of posts influencers should create to promote your brand. A high number of posts may not work, as over-marketing often fetches a negative impression.
- Rewards: Businesses can reward the influencers in two ways. Firstly, you can offer money to the influencers to promote your brand or product through them. Secondly, you may offer certain products to them.
4. Try Different Social Media Platforms
Instead of focusing on one platform, you should look for influencers on different social media platforms. Diversifying your business marketing campaign on different social media platforms will fetch you excellent business exposure. For example, you should look for influencers on Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube instead of solely depending on the influencers on Instagram and Facebook. So, these are some proven methods of finding and running influencer marketing campaigns for your business. A well-managed influencer marketing plan can fetch an excellent return on investment for your business. You can visit Virore and find the right influencer for your brand. Virore is an influencer hiring platform, which is the first of its kind.