Permanent makeup, also known as cosmetic tattooing or microblading, is a great way to enhance your appearance and make it easier to maintain. It’s been around since the 1900s, but only recently has it become popular in the United States because of advances in technology and improved training standards.
As with any cosmetic procedure, one of your main concerns is likely how long permanent makeup will last. But what exactly does “long-lasting” mean? How long will my eyebrows stay perfectly shaped? How soon should I expect my eyeliner to fade away? And what about my lips—will they always look like a Kardashian’s? Let’s take a closer look at how long each type of permanent makeup lasts so that you can decide if this treatment is right for you!
Eyebrows are the first thing that people see when they look at you. They can add dimension and definition to your face, or they can be the focal point of a great makeup look. If your eyebrows are unkempt, it can make you look like a disheveled mess. You can use permanent eyebrow makeup to fix that problem.
- Brows are the most popular cosmetic tattooing procedure
- Eyebrow tattoos are done with a needle and ink, and they’ll last at least three years.
- They can be refreshed or reshaped if you need them to be, but if your brows are faded after three years (you shouldn’t let them fade too much), then you’ll need to start over with the tattooing process.
- If your brows were tattooed with a brush instead of a machine, they’ll last even longer—about five years before needing refreshing/reshaping again!
Permanent eyeliner can last anywhere from 3 to 6 years, but the longevity of your permanent eyeliner is dependent on several factors. By taking proper care of your tattooed liner, it’s possible to extend the life of your makeup even further. For example:
- If you have oily skin, consider using a silicone-based primer before applying eye shadow and/or liner. This will help prevent creasing and smudging throughout the day.
- To ensure that your eyebrows stay in place all day long (and into tomorrow), use an eyebrow gel or pomade to shape them at night before bedtime (and apply an oil-free moisturizer).
- Use a gentle cleanser with no fragrance or alcohol whenever removing mascara from around your eyes by gently massaging it into a cotton pad; this will prevent any irritation along with helping remove any excess residue from waterproof mascaras once daily before going to bed so there aren’t any clumps left behind when applying again in the morning!
When it comes to permanent lip tattoo, the longevity of your tattoo depends on a few factors. The first and most important is what type of pigment is used in your tattoo. The darker colors will last longer than lighter ones, so be sure you’re getting what you want before getting down on the table.
The second factor that determines how long your lip tattoo lasts is how well you take care of it! Keeping your lips clean with regular moisturizing and sun protection will ensure that your tattoo looks its best for as long as possible. As with other types of permanent makeup procedures, smoking or drinking excessively can damage your skin over time and affect the longevity of any inkings you may have received at one point or another
Permanent Makeup Is Long-Lasting, But Not Entirely Permanent
Permanent makeup is long-lasting, but not entirely permanent. It can last anywhere from two to seven years. However, you should expect your results to fade after a year or two. The only way to make sure that your makeup lasts longer is by having it done again.
Microblading artists use a number of different techniques to make each person’s eyebrows look natural and beautiful. Some techniques work better for some people than others, so it’s important that you find an artist who specializes in permanent makeup and goes through training every year to keep up with new techniques and technology. Permanent makeup can be a great way to enhance your beauty.